I. The first day of school is Wednesday, September 6, 2017. Parents you are welcomed to walk your child to his/her class during the first week of school ONLY. We understand that it is a special time and it will alleviate some anxiety from both parties.
II. Tamura school hours will be:
(TK - 2nd) 8:00 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. Thursday dismissal is 12:33 p.m.
(3rd - 5th) 8:00 a.m. - 2:25 p.m. Thursday dismissal is 12:35 p.m. .
As you are aware, student safety continues to be a high priority at Tamura School. Therefore, we will continue to implement our "Closed Campus" guidelines. In the interest of security and safety for students and staff, our campus will continue to be locked and fully secured. Please help us by following these guidelines and reviewing them with your child.
PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW:
- Only students may enter the school through the student entrance gate located next to the office from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. The gate will be locked at 8:00 a.m. and all students who are not on campus by that time will need to enter through the office and be marked tardy. Please note: STUDENTS ARRIVING TARDY MUST BE BROUGHT INTO THE OFFICE BY AN ADULT AND SIGNED IN.
- Supervision is provided starting at 7:45 a.m. Please do not bring your child to school before that time since there is no supervision.
- All parents/visitors must report directly to the school office. The office personnel will provide information and assistance in an effort to keep classroom interruptions to a minimum.
- The gates will be unlocked at 1:45 p.m. M/T/W/F and Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. for student dismissal.
- TK and Kindergarten students will dismiss in the kindergarten gate area.
MINIMIZING CLASSROOM INTERRUPTIONS
- Every effort is made to minimize classroom interruptions. Please make sure your child is well prepared for school each day. Classrooms are not interrupted to deliver homework, lunches or messages.
These procedures will be effective on Wednesday, September 6, 2017. Thank you for your cooperation, patience and flexibility.