Working as a partnership, the Tamura staff is committed to developing the academic, social-emotional, and physical well-being of ALL children. We believe that ALL students can learn with depth and complexity when there are high expectations, rigorous standards, and caring, involved teachers. As educators, we work together to constantly refine and improve our teaching practices, monitor student achievement, and differentiate instruction based on individual student needs. We actively engage our parents and community in our efforts to make an exceptional place for students to learn. We believe we teach the whole child. We expect academic achievement, personal responsibility, honesty, cultural sensitivity, and respect for all people, property, and the environment.
Tamura students will:
- Achieve academic excellence in English-Language Arts, Mathematics, and the sciences.
- Be critical and creative thinkers, demonstrate effective problem-solving and decision-making skills that deal with real-world issues and challenges.
- Communicate effectively in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in a technologically advanced society.
- Use technology as a tool for learning, for acquiring, analyzing, and using information, and for accessing the wider world of people and ideas.
- Learn to work cooperatively, collaboratively, and independently, making choices and taking responsibility for their learning.
- Demonstrate integrity, compassion, self-discipline, and interpersonal skills.